Friday, June 24, 2011

Jewelry Stands for $3.00

In my last post were these two cute stands that I use to hold various bracelets and necklaces.  When I was at Goodwill the other day I came across this little jewel for 99 cents!  Do any of you remember these?  They are old coffee cup holders that all of our grandmothers used to have!

All I really had to do was use some elbow grease to get it clean and then i just spray painted them!


BEFORE





AFTER

Spray painted in Rust-Oleum Heirloom White

Roughed it up a little with sandpaper


I went back to the same Goodwill a week later and would you believe I found another one...A taller one for a $1.99!  SCORE.  I didn't get a before pic but who cares when it looks this good!  It was perfect for some necklaces that I didn't have hung on my jewelry frame (will show you that later) in my bathroom.  

Spray painted in Valspar Cameo Pink


Have a great weekend!

Linking to:

11 comments:

  1. Hey Missy, what a great idea! I'm always needing displays for my jewelry at Tracey's Boutique and this would be a good one. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I would love it if you linked up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now. There is also an awesome giveaway to go with the party, so you should check it out. http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-linky-party-and.html
    I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi -- Tracy here again -- I was so impressed with your jewelry holder I've decided to feature it on my blog Wednesday 7/13 along with some other crafty finds. I hope you have a chance to visit and maybe grab the Featured Me button for your blog. Thanks again for sharing. :)
    Tracy
    Craft Junkie Too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this same thing that I got at the goodwill too!! crazy!

    Ali
    www.foundintheali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw you on Craft Junkie Too...you have some GREAT projects. I'm now following you...would love for you to stop by My World too :)

    Jessica
    http://myworldmadebyhand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!! I am on the lookout for one of these now!!

    Jenn
    jenniferreavis@sbcglobal.net
    http://scrap-a-tude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super great idea! Now you've got me thinking about what all I could make into a jewelry stand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking for one of those to do just that! I haven't come across one yet...yours look so cute:) I can only find them on ebay for like $20. Your awesome finds motivate me to keep looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are they awesome or what?!

    Love it! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am actually going to look for one today!! I love this idea I just haven't got around to doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...