Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Jewelry Frame

I'm excited to finally post this jewelry frame.  I made it about a year ago for a blank wall in my bathroom.  I have seen different versions of jewelry frames on blogs and thought I would finally share mine now that I have a blog!  Enjoy

Here is what I used to make it:
  • Frame
  • Peg Board
  • Batting Material
  • Fabric
  • Knobs
  • Screen Clips for frame
  • Staple Gun
  • Screwdriver
I started by going to Michael's and purchasing an open frame.  This one I bought with a 50% off coupon and then also used 25% off bonus coupon in addition to the other.  SCORE!  Great Deal!!




I then went to Lowe's and had them cut me a piece of peg board to fit the size 
of the frame which is 18" x 24".  The peg board is about $5.00.


I bought a 1/2" yard of batting and fabric from Hobby Lobby and the screen clips 
came from Lowe's as well.  You can find them in the screws and nails aisle.  Knobs came from Target.



Start by laying your batting over the peg board.  I decided to use batting because 
it just gave the fabric a good base to lay on.  Flip it over and staple it all around with your staple gun.


Then lay your fabric over the batting and do the same thing.  Just 
make sure if you are using a patterned fabric to get it even.



This is what it will look like when you finish stapling your batting and fabric.



This is why the peg board for this project is a "No Brainer".. No drilling holes and it is so easy to determine where to put the knobs and your not having to measure to make sure the holes are even.  The peg board does it all for you.

Use a craft knife to pierce the fabric and batting.


Take the screw and put it through the back of peg board and screw on the knob.



Here is the screw from the back.  (Sorry, not the best picture but you get the idea)


Here you go!


I then layed out all the knobs and determined where I wanted to place them 
on my frame, keeping in mind the necklaces and bracelets I was going to place on them.



After I finished screwing in all of my knobs I then placed it inside the open frame.


Use the screen clips to lock it into place.



Now it's time to hang your frame and put your necklaces and bracelets on it.





Hope you love it and are inspired to do the same.  If you make one, please share it with me!  I would love to see it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Linking to:

3 comments:

  1. I cannot get over how easy this project looks, but I never would've thought of it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking I should make these as prizes or gifts for my lia sophia jewelry business. The problem is that once someone hosts a show, they probably end up getting more free jewelry than this can support! Thanks for the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I am a new follower. Love this project! Stopping by to invite you to join Thrifty Thursday, because your I am loving your posts. Have a wonderful day. Blessings!

    Johnnie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...