Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Glittered Candles

This is just a quick "aha" moment I had yesterday.  I was looking at my mantle and was getting ready to decorate it and I thought about getting some new candles for Halloween.  When I went to pick some up from the craft store, I couldn't believe what they were asking for them.  I grabbed two plain candles that were half off and journeyed home to make my own.

Supplies I used:

  • 2 Large Candles (3 x 9)
  • Mod Podge
  • Glitter
  • Sponge paintbrush
This is super simple so hold on....



I just wanted to show you the bottom of the candle...look at the price and divide by 2!
They were $3.00 a piece!
Candles Half Price at Hobby Lobby this week!!!


I started by brushing on Mod Podge, hard huh..



Pour on the glitter...harder huh....



Finish up the candle by going all the way around with the 
mod podge and I ended by doing the top.




Shake it off and let dry and here is what you have afterwards.


Super cheap project.  All I had to buy were the candles.  Together they were $6.00.  I already had the glitter and mod podge.  My head is already spinning about Christmas and what I'm going to do.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

Have a great week!

Linking to:

15 comments:

  1. I love that that is so simple and yet I have never (or would have never) thought to just make my own!! LOL, and of course I have all the stuff...woot woot!
    ps-is that a vinyl wall chandelier behind the cute blue table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! they look super easy like you said. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are these? I think I'm gonna have to try this! SO COOL!!

    www.iheartmygluegun.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So easy, and they look fantastic! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! I can't wait to do something like this for Christmas too! Thanks for sharing at Craft and Tell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!
    I'm looking forward to your Christmas decorations now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Thanks so much for sharing. I must try this ASAP!!

    ~Courtney~

    love2sisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea. The possibilities are endless with all the different glitter colors out there.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely easy! I need to do this sometime, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute!!Would love for you to share at my Link party "Creative Halloween Ideas" http://jeana-marie.blogspot.com/2011/09/creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! These glitter candles aren't cheap either. I'd love it if you shared this at my link party www.projectqueen.org
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute idea!!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I am Gwen
    I have my own business " Gwen's Homemade Candles"
    and I was wondering are the glitter candles safe to light?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...