Monday, September 12, 2011

Halloween BOO Pillow with a Cricut Stencil

Did you know your cricut can cut stencils?  I had no idea, but when I was browsing Hobby Lobby I found these stencil sheets and decided to try and use it in my cricut machine.





I used the Songbird cartridge (it's my favorite font cartridge) and cut out the letters B O O!  
I was really surprised how well it cut it.  I used maximum pressure on the 
machine and chose to use the low speed.


I then took the stencil and applied it to my orange burlap.


I used the Black acrylic paint that DecoArt sent me in my goody box to paint the word onto my burlap.



It was so easy to paint.  Now it's time to sew around it and make it into a pillow.


I started by adding the fringe on each side of the pillow and sewed those on first before I 
sewed the top and bottom.



See the fringe?


Ready to stuff.......


Lookie at the finished pillow!


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!

Linking to:







6 comments:

  1. SO ADORABLE, i JUST LOVE IT. sO GLAD yOu liNkEd it. winks-JeN

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the font you used and I had no idea you could cut stencil sheets! Wahoo:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there.. I'm following ya officially from made by you monday blog hop today..Lovely blog you have here.Can't wait to read more.. Hope you can stop by & visit me sometime / follow back.. TY So much.. Have a great week.Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com . Great creativity here. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love making stencils, I use them all the time for my Etsy shop- but you have totaly inspired me to make some for around the house! These pillows are perfect for Halloween!

    Stopped in from the Teach Me Tuesday Link Party- I love your site!

    -Courtney @ www.sweetcsdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your pillow is absolutely adorable. And I had no idea that you can buy stencil blanks, but I'll be on the look out for them now! Thanks for the info and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I didn't know that you could cut stencils with it either. Going to peek around your cute space here. Visiting from Fall Frenzy party. Theresa @ dearcreatives.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...