Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Painted House Number Pumpkins

Can you tell I'm ready to start decorating for Halloween!  I promise I will post some normal everyday things soon, but I just get so excited to share what I'm up to for the Halloween holiday.

I was in Michael's the other day and ran across these cute small black pumpkins.  I don't remember them carrying them last year, but I just think they are adorable.  I had some metallic silver paint from DecoArt that I thought would look really good on the black and stand out, so I grabbed three of these cuties and decided to paint our house number on them.  Here is what I did!

Supplies Needed:

  • Pumpkins of your choosing
  • Small Paint Brush
  • Vinyl Numbers (I used my cricut Songbird font)

Here the pumpkins before.


I cut out my vinyl numbers on my cricut and placed them on my pumpkins.  I cut them 5".


I then took a ball point pen and applied a little pressure to the pumpkin and traced my number 4.


See it when I lift off the vinyl.


I then painted them in.  It's that simple.




How cute are these!  
They are going to look so good when I get my front porch completely decorated.


Hope this inspires you to paint some pumpkins!

Thanks for stopping by.

Linking to:

15 comments:

  1. They look so good and I'm sure they're easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfect are these...? I love this idea, and so simple! I'm going to have to try this! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea!! I'm a new follower. :)

    Steph @ SIlver Boxes http://stephssilverboxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these, they look great! I was planning on doing the same thing for my front porch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps. your blog banner is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super cute, but do they weigh enough? I saw these at Michael's last year and bought a ton of them to let my kids decorate and they were super lightweight. Can you weigh them down? Love the idea. They are soooo cute,just wanna be sure I'm not chasing my pumpkins down the driveway =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Missy - Just featured your painted address pumpkins at www.projectqueen.org. Thank you for sharing. Love em!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, Missy! These could be done in a variety of colors and would look great paired with many fall displays! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh boy oh boy am I inspired! I love how you painted these and the numbers look great! :o) Thank you SO much for linking up at crafty scrappy happy----I am for sure a new follower and can't wait to be inspired!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very clever! I love this idea Missy. They turned out so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally great idea for the outdoors. {to the commenters above, you could cut a small hole and fill them with sand or rocks}

    Sharing this on my pinterest!

    :)

    To celebrate All Hallow's Eve...I'm throwing a Halloween Link Party. Drop by if you dare!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Missy, I'm visiting by way of your feature over at "Saved By Love Creations". I love your pumpkins! Brilliant idea and great technique for the house numbers.

    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...