Thursday, September 29, 2011

So "Stinkin" Cute

The other night I was sitting eating dinner and I looked over at my trash can and thought of how boring it looked.  I continued eating and then it occurred to me that I could probably make it look so much better by adding something to it and here is what I came up with.

BEFORE

BORING TRASH CAN
Why does something we use everyday, one hundred times a day have to look like this...


AFTER

MY TRANSFORMED TRASH CAN
Doesn't it just say, "Please put trash in me".







I took to my cricut machine and my favorite cartridge, Songbird.  My kitchen is decorated with vintage birds and I thought these lil birds from the cartridge would be perfect to tie in with the decor.  I decided to use my last initial in the front instead of the word "Trash".  Just because it's a trash can, doesn't mean it has to look trashy!!

Thanks to my sis for coming up with the cute title!!

Linking to:


13 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea! I love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack!! Lovin' this! Totally going to do this to mine! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a constant battle in our house about where the trash can should go. If it was that cute I wouldn't care that we saw it all the time! Great job!

    Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and I'm loving it! I can't wait to try this out with my boring trash can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!! I love making not so pretty things pretty!!! Great job!! Found you from Tip Junkie!
    www.hopesewell.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I think my trash can is going to get a makeover soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I have put vinyl on my microwave but didn't think to do the trashcan! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. Thanks for creating such a fun blog full of inspiration. I love your project -- so simple and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG how cute! I didn't know you could make a trash can attractive : ) Thanks so much for linking up to Craft and Tell!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So incredibly creative!
    Funny story, when I was in the "in between" state of awake and asleep a few weeks ago, I dreamed about a trash can in the shape of a cat! So I need to make a cute trashcan, it seems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am featuring this on my blog tonight! Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this idea!! I'm definitely using my Silhouette to make it!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...