Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Before You Go......

If your like me, you are always in a rush to get out the door.  There is always something I'm having to remember and I have always just put up a note on the door so I would see it as I exited to the garage.  It looked like this last week.


My son had a trike a thon at school to raise money for St. Jude's and I didn't want to forget to load the scooter and grab his helmet.


I then had an "AHA" moment and thought about putting some kind of system on the door.  I didn't want to paint it because I didn't want to ruin a door that I would have to fix the next time we move.  I was in Jo Ann's the other day and came across this...


It is 2 sheets of Chalkboard Vinyl from Die Cuts With A View.  The sheets are big too....39.25" x 23.25".  I knew when I saw them that I could cut them to fit the inside of my door.  I had a 50% off coupon and I only paid $9.99.

Here is what I did to measure the door.

I used some brown paper I had to trace around the inset of the door.  I did this more for the arch that is in the inset, because I could measure the sides and bottom.


I cut it out and placed it up there one more time to make sure it fit.  Now I'm ready to cut out my vinyl.



After I was confident that it was going to fit, I placed it on the back of the vinyl and cut it.


Here it is after the vinyl was cut out and hung.  I also went ahead and cut out some vinyl for the square at the bottom of the door just to give it a complete look.


I wanted to put a title on it just to make it more cute and I came up with this.
Before You Go....


There are times when we have to return papers to school or I don't want to forget the shopping list, so I put a clip I had bought a long time ago on the door.  I used the 3M picture hanging strips to adhere it to the door.



I am so excited how this turned out and love that I won't ever forget anything again!






I know this will get so much use.  My husband wrote our son a sweet note this morning on the door before he left for work.  It was such a sweet surprise when we were leaving for school.

Now that I see this little hallway, I think I am going to have to make a cute rug to go in the hallway.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day!

Linking to:

16 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I am always forgetting things when we leave. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! I'm always having a little paddy when I go anywhere, this will be a great reminder of what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Missy! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great idea! I'm working on a whole organization station at the back door; calendar, key holder, a clipboard for things that need to go with us and a list of things to remember. I LOVE how you've brought the last two together! Thanks for sharing! LOVE your blog, found you on Someday Craft's party and added you to my fav-folder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, this is the cutest! What a GREAT idea. So useful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this idea and would love to feature you on my blog at http://www.scrappingpinklady. I have a Feature Me Daily that I do and this would be so great to showcase. If you could please email me at editorofpinkscrapper@gmail.com and put Feature Me Daily in the subject line that would be great. I would like to feature you one day next if that works for you. Also if you could enclose some pictures as well. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea :) Thanks for sharing it!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I was thinking of doing this same thing on my pantry door with chalkboard paint but I like the idea of using vinyl. Does the chalk write on it the same as regular chalkboard>

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing idea. I would love for you to stop by and link up your door to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to link up.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just perfect! And I totally love that you did both the top and the bottom! It looks so so great and it is super functional! :o) Thanks so much for being part of this weeks party at crafty scrappy happy!!
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cute! We have a similar memo board that I made but I love the look of your chalkboard door!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I would love for you to link it up to our first ever 4th Friday Finale!

    http://overthebigmoon.blogspot.com/2011/10/4th-friday-finale-102811.html

    Lisa from Over the Big Moon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool- this turned out great. I need one of those! Happy Halloween ;) crafty texas girls

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! Love it! I am new to your blog and stopping by from Kelly's Korner. :) Erin
    www.healthybranscoms.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...