Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Shopping Card Key Chain

I don't know about you, but I HATE all those shopping/reward cards in my wallet.  Every store has them and you basically have to use them to get the better price for the item you are buying.  My wallet was exploding with all of the cards!  I decided to put them on a key chain so I would be able to have quicker access to them and it was a way for me to get them out of my wallet.

"Lookie" What I Did here:


I started by cutting two pieces of fabric 8" x 8"


I put the patterned fabric face down and then sewed the fabric together down one side.


Open it up and it looks like this.


I then folded 1" down on the top and bottom and ironed it.


I then folded the sides in to make the width 4 1/2"


Folded it to look like this and then sewed it together.


I then went along the sides and put a top stitch.



Marked a little hole where the eyelet was going to go on each side.


Punched the hole.


Put the eyelet in the hole and set it.  Do this on both sides.



Punched holes in my cards where they would line up in the case.


Voila...here you go.


I added a flower to each side to dress it up a bit.  I LOVE it..so much easier to get my cards and my wallet is very happy!

The finished size is 4 1/2" x 3"



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!

Linking to:


8 comments:

  1. Love this idea - and looks like it was super quick to make! I will be liking this to my blog: cameronhomemadetips.blogspot.com, and I had to pin it, because I will so be making one of these. Right now my cards are in a pile on my counter courtesy of a toddler who likes to help keep me "organized."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant "linking" - though I do "like" it, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simple but amazingly wonderful idea! pinterest craft list here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great blog & I’m a new follower. I just gave you a Versatile Blogger Award over at Love of Homes. Please stop by & see who else got the award & maybe become my newest follower. Thanks!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very cute - nice and neat and altogether - hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to make one of these! I despise how dirty those rewards cards get, and then I have to keep them... what a nice way to keep them in order!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute idea! I hate all those cards in my wallet!
    Visiting from Tatertots and Jello:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutiest idea! I really want one :) Now following from Once a Mom Always a Cook!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...