Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stenciled Bird Place Mats

I have been looking for some really cute place mats for my kitchen with some birds on it and then I came across these awesome burlap place mats at Home Goods and then got even more excited when I saw the price.  I got a 4 pk for $7.99.  I thought I would take these home and cut out a stencil using my Songbird cartridge.

Lookie at what I did!



I used my cricut to cut out a bird on a branch and used the same stencil paper from Hobby Lobby that I used here.  I decided to use the same bird that I used to decorate my trash can.  Yes, I decorated my trash can, check it out here if you missed it!



The stencil is cut out and ready to go.  I centered it on the place mat and then painted it with the color Ebony from Deco Art.


See here....looks messy.


But when you take the stencil off, it's so clean and cute!


I repeated all the steps with the other three place mats!  I love the way they turned out.  Not bad for an $8.00 project!


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. These are just perfect, LOVE them! Thanks for the fab idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...