Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's Beginning to Look alot like Christmas.....in my HOUSE....

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Our company left early this morning and I am trying to get pictures of all of our decorations.  I have put up three trees and decorated my house and all I have left to do is put up my Christmas Village.

I decided to decorate my mantel this year with natural colors and I'm so glad I did.  I think it looks so good with the Texas stone of our fireplace.  Please enjoy looking at the pictures...I have so many more decorations to show you and alot of crafts that I have made too.




I had the little trees from the past years and simply wrapped some burlap on the bases and tied it with twine.



The Happy Holidays ribbon came from Michael's and I adhered it with scrapbooking tape!



I scored some miscellaneous branches at the Michael's sale when it opened on Thanksgiving Day for 40% off with an additional 30% off my total purchase.  I tied them all together with floral wire and finished it off with some burlap ribbon.


 My favorite part of the mantel is the wreath.  It is a Martha Stewart wreath from Home Depot and I just simply made a bow out of the ribbon I had and affixed it with floral wire.

I hope you've enjoyed looking at the Christmas mantel and sorry I've been MIA for so long.  I've missed sharing with all of you.  Hope you have a great weekend!

Linking to:


http://tatertotsandjello.com/
http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/2011/12/christmas-mantel-link-party-2011.html
http://www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/2011/12/mantel-link-party.html

12 comments:

  1. Oh yes -- love it Missy! :) That ribbon rocks and adds the perfect touch to your entire display!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mantel is awesome! You have so many great details and sparkle! I'd love if you'd link it up to my party!

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2011/11/latest-greatest-friday-link-party-7-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree- that wreath is beautiful! Good thinking with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your mantel turned out, and I see we have the same little trees on the mantel as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to ask...how on earth were you able to make such a perfect bow for your wreath?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ur Happy Holiday ribbon...do u remember where u got it from?? I really want some for my decoration this year ;)
    felicialetran@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great holiday mantel!...looks perfect..have a great weekend, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. The ribbon is such a nice touch! It makes a subtle yet dramatic statement!

    Kim
    Www.todayismysome-day.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very festive and bright! Love all the white lights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mantel looks incredible! I love the mirror, the colors and the fireplace itself! Just gorgeous!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to let you know i love your Christmas mantel that i have added your tutorial to my blog

    http://ourlittlenestonthelake.blogspot.com/

    happy holidays

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...