Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Simple" Grocery Bag Keeper.....

The other day I ran out of trash bags and I went to throw the box away in the recycle bin when I realized that this little box would be so cute decorated and then I thought of what I could put in it.  Here is what the box looked like before I went to dispose of it....



and here is what it looks like now.....


Wanna see how easy it was to transform this little box into a decorative box for all those plastic grocery sacks...

I first started with cutting some burlap and wrapping the box like a present using mod podge (use the mod podge generously...it dries clear)




To make the top and bottom look good, I cut all 4 corners of the burlap straight down like this...




and then glued it down using the mod podge...




I then found cut out the hole in the front and used double sided tape to stick it to the inside of the box...




then I took some scrapbooking supplies I had on hand and embellished the box...




How cute is this????

So "SIMPLE"...and it's recyclable in all ways...I re-used the box, I was able to use some scrap fringe and burlap strips and I'm recycling the grocery bags.

Hope you enjoyed this little project and that you are inspired to do the same.  I can't wait to show you tomorrow what else I've done with some burlap and canvas...

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!

*****************************************************

Linking to:




12 comments:

  1. I love it!! So creative! New follower via Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy this is adorable and a clever idea! I'd love it if you would share this at my #7 Link Party going on at Project Queen. www.projectqueen.org
    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is fantastic! I LOVE how you made something so beautiful from the cardboard box! Thank you for linking up!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.com
    Organizing Made Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks really nice! Such a creative idea & nicely decorated too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous idea. I need something like this.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest bag holder. I'm your newest follower. Hope to see you at DIY Home Sweet Home.
    P.S. I have a link Party every Monday and would love for you to stop by and link up your grocery bag keeper.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, how adorable are you to even think of something like this. Impressive!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever - Love the way you embellished it, too. Visiting from Burlap Week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Missy - wanted to let you know that I will be featuring this wonderful project tomorrow evening (Monday) for the #7 Project Queen Highlight Link Party. Hope you come back again and share. Thanks for linking up!
    www.projectqueen.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! The burlap and embellishments create quite a transformation. So creative! Thanks for linking up to the Burlap Week party at WhisperWood Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute and clever idea! Looks great! I'm visiting from Whisper Winds Burlap Party, I'm #61

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...