Saturday, December 31, 2011

Champagne Cork Magnets


Happy New Year's Eve.....

This past Christmas we enjoyed a couple bottles of champagne with family.  My husband was going to throw the corks away until the crafter in me came out and said, "I Don't Think So"!  I immediately thought of magnets and what I could do to embellish them.  Let me show you how easy it was....a quick and easy 30 minute project.


I started with two plain champagne corks and glued magnets to the bottom of them.  Make sure when you glue the magnets, that you are gluing the correct side..I always place my magnet on the refrigerator to make sure I will be securing the right side, otherwise it will not work.



I chose to add jute to one of the corks.  I used hot glue to adhere the jute all around the cork.  Super easy...



Here it is completely wrapped it jute...cute huh!!


Here is a picture of a before and after....


I embellished the top of it with a cute button.  I just clipped off the hook off the back of the button and secured it with hot glue...

This cute New Years printable is from The 36th Avenue...isn't it cute!!


I wanted to keep the natural look of the cork for the second magnet.  I have alot of scrapbooking keys laying around and decided to tie it to the cork with some string and added a quote that I glued to some brown burlap.  









These were super easy to pull together and I didn't have to buy anything....everything I used I already had in my stash...

If you come across some champagne corks tonight make sure to save them and re-use them.

Happy New Year!!!

Linking to:





Tip Junkie handmade projects

8 comments:

  1. These turned out awesome!! I would love for you to link them up at our Sister Sunday Party going on now.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great project! I have tons of corks that I have been saving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Wish I drank/used wine to make these! Love you blog; found you @ tip junkie! Feel free to visit our blog @ www.toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these!! I'll be putting this on my FB page! Thanks for linking to Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable idea - LOVE the jute!! I will be making some of those for sure!

    I featured you today in my Friday I'm In Love favorites!

    http://socialsalutations.blogspot.com/2012/01/friday-im-in-love-and-inspired.html

    - Jenn @ Social Salutations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these magnets. Super fun idea to jute & embellishments! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely fabulous! What a creative idea - I would never have thought of it! Thanks so much for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be featuring you tomorrow.
    Thank you so much for sharing your magnets... Super Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...