Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Glass Block using Krylon Glitter Blast

I have wanted to try Krylon's Glitter Blast for a while and I decided to use it on a glass block that I was decorating for Christmas.  Here is what I used for this project....
  • Glass Block (got mine from Michaels)
  • Christmas Lights for the inside
  • Krylon Glitter Blast 
  • Vinyl
  • Ribbon for Bow


    I first started by cutting out my ornament on my cricut.  I cut the ornament out at 4" and then used transfer tape to transfer to my block.






    After I transferred the ornament image, I took it outside and sprayed it with my Krylon Glitter Blast.



    It went on so easy and dried super fast.  I left it outside for a couple of hours and then brought it inside and this is what it looked like after I pealed off the newspaper (from protecting the entire glass block) and vinyl.....


    How GREAT did it turn out.  It almost looks like a sticker...it's perfect.  I then added my lights to the inside and then embellished it with a bow I made from green and red ribbon.  I finished it off by adding some cute little ornaments.  



    Here is one of the tables in my dining room.  I decided to place the glass block in here with some apothecary jars filled with ornaments.  It is so pretty at night all lit up.




    Thanks for stopping by...

    Linking to:

    4 comments:

    1. cute! I saw that glitter blast yesterday and didnt know what I would use it for.. now I have a great idea : )

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love this idea. It is so original and festive. Great job!

      ReplyDelete
    3. this is beautiful. what a fun idea. I'd love it if you would add them to my What We Wore and Made link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love this! How did you get the cord out of the back?

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...