Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Black and White Damask Jewelry Frame

Over the Christmas holidays, I decided to make my sister one of the jewelry frames I had made myself a few months ago.  I wrote about the frame in this post.  I can't tell you how handy and convenient this jewelry hanger is in my bathroom.  I use it everyday!  I used the exact method from my previous post here to make this one.

Here are the items you will need to make one yourself:

  • Open stock frame (here is a hint, I ALWAYS get my open frames at Michael's when they have the coupon "Take additional 25% off frames"...Most all the time I get these frames for 75% because they are already 50% off....
  • Peg Board - Lowe's can cut it for you
  • Material
  • Decorative Knobs - the ones I used came from Target or look for some at thrift stores
  • Screen Clips - Lowe's
  • Exacto knife or craft knife
  • Staple Gun


You can follow the same exact procedure for stapling your fabric to your peg board HERE...

After you get the material stapled, it is now ready to install in your frame.  You can either install the screen clips before or after your peg board is ready.  The screen clips just screw into the back of the frame.  After the peg board has been put into the frame, tighten the screen clips to make sure the board doesn't come out.  




It is now time to attach the knobs.  You can customize the layout the way you want.  You may have alot of shorter necklaces and bracelets so you can put the knobs closer together.  Lay everything out on the board before you start screwing in the knobs.  Use an exacto knife or craft knife to put the holes in the material and then simply screw in your knobs.  It will look like this when you are finished.


Now is the fun part, to hang your jewelry.....




Sorry for the quality of the pictures.  I was in a rush to get this finished before my parents headed back to Arkansas....

Hope you enjoyed and feel inspired to make your own...they also make great gifts too!!

Linking to these fabulous blogs....




Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I might try this with a very pale colored fabric. I am thinking it would really make the colors of the necklaces and jewelry really pop! I do love the black and white though! Great project.

    http://diapersdaisies.blogspot.com/

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your sister absolutely LOVES her gift!! It matches my bedroom perfectly!!!!
    I'm so lucky I have such a crafty sister. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made myself one of these a few months ago and made one for my best friend's daughter for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How big is this one? Do you need peg board? Or would

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...