Monday, January 9, 2012

Burlap Canvas Frames

I had some leftover burlap from a project I had done recently and decided to create something for my pantry door using canvas'.  We recently went to Disneyworld and this was a great way to display some of the pictures.  If your pantry door is like ours, it is opened about 100 times a day, so having these memories on the door is just another way to relive our experience.




Here is what you will need:

  • Burlap - any color combination
  • Canvas
  • Staple Gun
  • Acrylic Paint - I used DecoArt Metallics "Rich Espresso"
  • Paint Brush
  • Masking Tape or any craft tape
  • Binder Clip
  • Spray Paint
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Embellishments
  • 3M Command Picture Hanging Velcro Strips

I started by stapling my burlap onto each canvas frame.  These canvas' came 3 to a pack at Michael's.  I used a 50% off coupon so I got them CHEAP!




The next step was using masking tape to tape off lines where I wanted the design to be.  The exposed areas of the burlap is what will be painted.


After painted...


While the paint dried on the canvas', I took my silver binder clips (you can get these at any office supply store) outside to spray paint them.

After the paint dried to the frames, I just added the embellishments I had.  Unfortunately, it is hard to take pictures of me making the burlap flowers.  But you simply just cut a very long 3" - 4" strips of burlap and knot one end and start going around the knot by twisting and hot gluing every so often....here is a tutorial from Linda at Craftaholics Anonymous, she shows you exactly what to do...Thanks Linda!

After the flowers were made, simply hot glue them to the canvas in the style you want.  I always find it easier to lay things out first before committing to it with hot glue.  I then took scrapbook embellishments by Tim Holtz and used them on all of the canvas' for a themed look.  I love keys, especially if they say something and these talk about, dreams, home, family.....don't always assume that you can't use scrapbook accessories, there not just for paper!!

When the binder clips dried I adhered them with hot glue as well.



Closer looks.........don't you love the key holes!!







To finish off the door, I used some chocolate vinyl and my cricut machine and cut out the word Pantry..I think this finished off the door perfectly!


As the weeks go by, I can simply change out the pictures when I want.  This is a super easy project and there are so many colors of burlap now that this will be a fun, easy, inexpensive project to make.

Thanks for stopping by!!   Have a great week!!

Linking to these fabulous blogs.......


Home Stories A2Z
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Love it! the burlap flowers are the finishing touch. I'm so glad you used my tutorial! and thanks for the shout out :)
    happy crafting,
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome - and I have LOTS of burlap to use - thanks for great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I have never used burlap before, but I'm always amazed by what people come up with when working with it. These are so cute- I'll have to try something like this for my first burlap project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look GREAT! I just love burlap projects! You're very creative.
    ~Judy~

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to look back on pictures! I think my favorite part is that you painted it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My party just started and I'd LOVE to have you stop by and share this ~ TOTALLY impressive!!! Love it!!!

    Overflowing with Creativity

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  7. howwww cute!!!!!!! :o) I love your style!!! Thank you so much for the inspiration!!!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
  8. O lovely!!!
    I am just lovin it decoarts.
    How you manage all these stuffs can you teach me as well. Please:)
    Canvas Frames | Frames for Canvas | Inkjet Canvas | Stretcher Bars | Wooden canvas frames

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very nice blog i really apprecited in this blog thanks for sharing...
    canvas frames
    Canvas Rolls
    Stretcher Brands

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...