Sunday, January 22, 2012

Valentine's Day Wreath

A couple of weeks ago I was in Hobby Lobby and came across the Christmas clearance section of 90% off.  I could not believe it when I found these berry swags, originally $69.99 for $6.99.  I bought two of them and a grapevine wreath for $5.99 and came home and made this wreath.  All I did was take floral wire and secured the swags to the wreath.  I then took one of the letter A's my Dad cut out for me and spray painted it white.  I wrapped a pretty burlap ribbon around the A and hot glued a scrapbook heart on the bow.  Here is the finished product.....


I think I will re-use this wreath and just change out the bow for Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.....not a bad investment for $20....

Have a great Sunday!!!

Linking To These Amazing Blog Parties.......


Home Stories A2Z


Positively Splendid

14 comments:

  1. Not a bad investment at all! I think the burlap ribbon is what makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I hope you will link up to my I Heart Projects Party!
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I must have been sick that day... Actually, I missed all of the great 90% off days... :( Boo-Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question?? Do you just hang your A on the wreath hook or is it actually attached to the wreath? I just LOVE your blog. I'm in a desperate search for the green grapevine wreath or even just the berries to make one myself but have yet to find one. I have my G and burlap ready to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I have this one since you already have a similar wreath? You know my name begins with A also :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No Carrie...it's mine :)
    Have you heard of a little football team...Alabama Crimson Tide (National Champions)...ROOOLLLLL TIDE. I love this and I will have to make one for my door. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm your newest follower too. Stop by and follow too, so we can keep in touch, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a "c" waiting at home to do something like this!! love love! I hope you have some time to swing by our linky party today. xoxo Debbie at http://inspiredhoneybee.blogspot.com/2012/01/pinterest-thon-linky-party-3.html?spref=tw

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute wreath. I like how you made it less like Christmas with the burlap bow and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome.. love it!

    Love the burlap touch! ;)


    Stopping by from TT & J and would LOVE for you to come by and link this up at my “Create and Inspire” Party! :)
    http://www.littleinspiration.com/2012/01/create-and-inspire-party-giveaway-link.html

    Thanks so much!

    P.S. New follower

    Angie from A Little Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful wreath! I love how it has a classy Valentine's Day feel-- not too in-your-face-valentines. If that makes sense. :) Great idea to reuse it by switching out the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love the letter with the burlap. Gotta love those after Christmas sales!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the berries and the burlap and the price!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is ADORABLE! We would love to have you come share this at our weekly link party every Saturday! -The Sisters

    http://sixsistersstuff.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...