Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Cardboard Box Transformation with Burlap....

Do you love burlap as much as I do?  I have been using it so much lately that I can't seem to stop.  I have been wanting to use these Tim Holtz decorative metal feet I saw at Michael's a couple of weeks ago.  I purchased some with a coupon and then had to decide what to do with them.  I decided to take a cardboard box and cover it in burlap.

Here is the box after I finished it...Let me show you how to get started.....

My pictures are not up to par...my lighting in my craft room stinks...sorry

Here is what I used....

Burlap
Cardboard Box
Mod Podge
Paintbrush
Metal embellishments...I used all of Tim Holtz supplies
Turquoise metal flower
Hot glue gun


 I started out by cutting my burlap big enough that it would cover the bottom of the box....


Liberally apply the mod podge to the bottom of the box first.....


It will show through but it will dry clear.....


repeat the mod podge all around the box...


When I got to the two ends of the box, I just folded it up on the left and right side to give it a clean finished look..almost like wrapping a present....


Repeat the same steps for the lid as you did with the bottom of the box...don't be afraid to use too much mod podge...



Here is the finished box....


see the white mod podge...it dried clear


I trimmed out the inside of the box with some decorative ribbon to give it a clean finished look....


Here are the Tim Holtz metal feet...I applied them with hot glue to all four corners....


I then hot glued my flower and another metal embellishment from Tim Holtz..





Thanks so much for stopping by....

Linking to:


10 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I am also in love with anything burlap! Thanks for the fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I am like you- I adore burlap. This would go perfect in my newly done 'playroom/family room'. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. Love it!! I need to find a box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Love the look and I love working with Tim Holtz supplies!
    Check my blog at:
    carla-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I love all the pretty details! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty. Where would I find a metal flower? I'd like to try this. Thanks so much for showing all the detail involved in creating this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I love this project. Thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been looking for the metal flowers.... where do you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos were just perfect, get idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...