Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Jute Wrapped Letter

I was at JoAnn Fabrics a while back and came across this HUGE 24" cardboard letter A.  I had never seen one this big but I was so happy to get it home and wrap it up with some Jute.  The letter and jute came to around $15.00 ($10.00 for letter and around $4.00 for the roll of Jute)..very inexpensive project!

Here is what you will need to make the Jute Wrapped Letter....

Cardboard Letter - any size
Hot Glue
Embellishment - I used metal flowers


Here's how I got started....

Plain Letter and Jute


I started by wrapping the jute vertically first.  I only do this to the top and bottom so they are covered in the jute before I completely wrap it horizontally.  Start by applying hot glue and then wrap six or seven times around and hot glue again..keep repeating these steps until your done with the section.


Closer Up....


I then cut some jute strips to cover the top of the A...don't worry what it looks like here, because it gets covered when you go over it horizontally....


I did the same thing to the bottom left and right of the A as well...just cute some strips and hot glue them...


I was now ready to wrap the whole letter and I started from the bottom, working my way to the top.  Every six or seven wraps, I would hot glue a little section just to keep it in place.


Here it is almost done....


See, you can't even tell what it looks like underneath the horizontal strips of jute....


Almost finished.....


All Done....


I spray painted some metal flowers I had and glued them to the bottom...


and then I hung it in my kitchen....


Thanks for stopping by...hope you have a great week!

Linking to:


Home Stories A2Z

Tip Junkie handmade projects


The 36th AVENUE

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute. What kind of camera do you use? Your pictures are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! ;) And we share the same "letter" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to cowgirl up, How can I not love an A, and you did a fab job with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the texture of the jute and metal flowers:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this I am going to do this for sure !! Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute and darling! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...