Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Special Valentine Gift.....

We have lived in the Dallas area for a couple of years now and my son's heart is still back in Houston...he left alot of friends and family, but to him, the one he misses the most is his little girlfriend...okay, they are 6 and 7, but you would think they are forever soul mates.  I miss them just as much as he does and can't wait to get back one day.  Until then, we were talking about what he wanted to get his "girlfriend" for Valentine's Day and he said, "I want to get her jewelry"...well what girl wouldn't want jewelry...so we came up with this....remember, she is 6!!


I started out by going to The Container Store and grabbing a couple of supplies.  I grabbed a necklace jewelry box for the candy necklace and a clear acrylic box for the candy ring.....both of these items cost less than $3.00.


I had some Valentine scrapbook paper and covered the necklace box.


I love my Xyron machine, it makes projects like this go so fast....

Paper for the top of box lid and the two strips are for the bottom part of the box.
All taped to box...
I cut two coordinating ribbons to go around the lid of the box...


After the box was done, we put her name on top of the box....


The acrylic box was for the ring!  I used hot glue to secure the ring inside the box.  We embellished the lid of the box with some small pom pom ribbon and hot glued a rhinestone on top.





Here is the box with a little message on the inside of the lid so she will see it when she opens the box....and of course, the candy necklace!




Don't you think this is a much cheaper and fun way to give "jewelry"....

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Linking to:

3 comments:

  1. Missy - SUPER CUTE! I’d love for you to share this with my readers at my first ever Flaunt! it Friday - Link Party. Come flaunt the skills your momma gave ya! http://www.queenofthecreek.com/2012/02/flaunt-it-friday-1.html Anything goes... but since it's that time of the year, this would be perfect to continue to share throughout Blogland! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you at the Tatertots & Jello party - this is adorable. We recently moved too - it is so hard for our little ones to "move on" from such special friends. Great job on making a sweet little gift!

    -sara @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...