Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Crunchy Seasoned Chicken

Who doesn't love chicken?  It is one of the main things we eat in our house but I always get tired of eating it the same way.  I started craving this chicken my Mom would fix all the time and I had forgotten about it since living here in Dallas, so I decided to get the recipe back out of the old cookbook.  It comes from the 1987 Southern Living Cookbook, Page 217!  This chicken recipe marinates over night, but it is well worth it.  I fixed it all the time for bunko back in Houston and everyone loved it....I hope you will give it a try!

1987 Southern Living Cookbook, Page 217
Crunchy Seasoned Chicken

1/2 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Tablespoons Worchestire Sauce
1 1/2 Teaspoons Celery Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
6 Boneless Chicken Breast or 4 Chicken Breast with Skin
1 3/4 Cup Saltine Crackers Crushed (about 2 sleeves of crackers)
1 1/2 Teaspoons Paprika
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter

Combine sour cream, lemon juice, worchestire sauce, celery salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in small bowl and mix well.  Brush on chicken, coating well.  Place chicken in covered dish and refrigerate overnight.

Combine cracker crumbs and paprika.  Roll chicken in cracker mixture and place in lightly sprayed pyrex dish.  Drizzle with melted butter.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes for boneless or an hour for chicken breast with skin. 

I'm not a food photographer by any means, this photo was taken with my iPhone.  

2 comments:

  1. Yum these look delish.

    Tab
    my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Missy :)

    I just stumbled on your blog and I must say... IT'S FABULOUS! What a great find! I am blogger as well, but have been on a bit of a break. I am reopening my blog today. Anyway, the recipe looks yummy I think I must give it a try! Have a wonderful weekend, I will be back again to visit soon.

    Take Care

    Carly :)

    If you want to drop by to say HI my blog should be open later this afternoon.

    http://ellipsissuddenlycarly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...