Monday, May 14, 2012

Scrapbooking Organizing Tower - Swivels 360°


Today I wanted to share with you the second cabinet that my Dad built for me.  If you read my blog you know that he scored some "free" lazy susan's from some old eyeglass cabinets being thrown away, and we were able to build not one, but two cabinets.  Here is a link to my previous post, Gaming Tower Swivel Cabinet.  You will find all of the instructions for making these cabinets.  They were inspired from Pottery Barn Teen, but without the high price tag.

Scrapbook Organizing Tower - Swivels 360°

The front of this unit houses my plastic scrapbook organizers.  I organize alot of my scrapbook materials together because they are themed.  For instance, I am doing a "My School Years" scrapbook for my son and all I have to do at the end of the school year is grab the plastic bin that has all of the materials in it.  It's so easy to just grab the container and know that I have everything there I need to finish the pages.



If you don't have a label maker, I urge you to invest in one...I use it all the time in my house!


I re-purposed these Pottery Barn baskets that used to be in my son's nursery.  They were a baby blue color, but I spray painted them white and labeled them with chalkboard labels.



This is one of the sides that has peg board.  I simply just placed alot of my painting supplies on this side along with some decorative tapes.  I am going to eventually do something on the bottom, just not sure yet!



I embellished some plastic jars with washi tape and hot glued a decorative gem to it.  Now my paint brushed are easy to reach and look cute too!



This is the back side of the cabinet.  It has a sheet of cork that I can display a page layout or anything my son has made me.



I took some of the decorative plastic gems and hot glued them to some flat thumbtacks to make them prettier.


The only thing different with this cabinet, is that we added three knobs to the back.  I am currently hanging a scrapbook bag and my apron on them.


The other side also has peg board.  I am using this side to hang my cricut supplies and my big paper cutter.  I love that I can hang my paper cuter because sometimes it just gets in the way on my table or floor and was never in the same place when I needed it.  Now I know exactly where it is at all times.


Here is a collage of all four sides.


Check out the video below....

video

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to:




24 comments:

  1. The minute I saw this on CraftOManiac Monday Link Party, I wondered if it was the second tower. This one is just as great as the gaming tower. I am so on the look out for any old display rack that may have a lazy susan in the bottom of it. (Can I borrow your Dad if I find one?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's hard to pick which one is my favorite! FYI...Daddy found the eyeglass cabinets at Dollar General in the trash...

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome! You have a fantastic Dad! I love this and I love how organized this tower would make me be. I too will be on the lookout for any type of display racks! Thanks so much for the ideas!
    Have a happy week!

    ♥Tausha
    sassystyleredesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a fantastic Dad that is an amazing carpenter...Thanks for the comment and let me know if you score a lazy susan!

      Delete
  3. Very intersting! follow each other darling?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing! I love how organized everything is!!

    I'm a new GFC Follower and a new Linky Follower! I love your blog :)

    I'd love to have you visit my blog as well.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Missy, I would love one of those... Hi, I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, a new GFC friend. I would love if you would stop by and be mine, too.
    Thanks for sharing this, it's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is awesome! Love it! I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at Pin It and Win It Wednesday @ www.cheapcraftymama.com-- where you can win free ad-space on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this! I need this for all my scrapbook goodies.
    New Follower :)
    xoxo
    Heather
    www.HeatherlyLoves.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is amazing! What a great way to save space and stay organized. And I love that it swivels! And your blog is super cute...I'm your newest follower! I would love for you to link this to my link party! I know my readers will love it too. http://weliketolearnaswego.blogspot.com/2012/05/what-i-learned-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I need it in my craft room :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is beautiful! So functional and GORGEOUS to boot :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, swoon worthy! So pretty and what great storage. Love the look of your blog as well...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is absolutely amazing. It is so functional but looks great at the same time. Awesome job.
    Would you consider linking it up at my Pinworthy Projects Party? I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness! What an awesome way to maximize your scrapbooking storage. Your Dad is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I gave you a shout out to my readers so they could visit and get as excited as I am about your site! Here's the link and have a great week!

    http://johnhoodfamily.blogspot.com/2012/05/saturday-shout-outs.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank goodness for our daddies! This is an awesome project Missy. I love how you made an piece of trash into a beautiful display. Way to go and thanks for sharing!!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Missy! I learned of you over at the CSI Project. What a great idea, storage that goes UP, I should put that idea in my own craft room. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been talking about making a tower like this for a few years. I even get a nice discount @ PB and it's still way too much to pay for something I can make. Now thanks to you, & your Dad, I can finally make it.
    Found your gaming tower on Pinterest and then checked out your blog...love it!
    Thanks for sharing your instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice posting.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Missy! I love this cabinet and could so use one as well. I just read your email and had to call my husband. We are still laughing.. such a small world indeed. Guess that kinda makes us family :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. here is the question of the year. do you have he material list for this project?! Love it and will be great to make using my Christmas tools that the man in red left me. thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...