Monday, September 24, 2012

Halloween Flameless Candles

I have finally started decorating the house for Halloween and thought I would share the quickest and cheapest decoration I have ever done.  I was in the dollar store the other day and came across these flame less candles for a $1.25 each.  When I saw them I thought they would be so cute to embellish with vinyl.  I came home and immediately went to my Silhouette Cameo.  I downloaded a spider and web and adhered them to the candles.  How easy and cheap is that?


 Flame less Candles - $1.25 each....


I used scrap vinyl to cut out the web....


A matching spider web, again from scraps of vinyl....


All lit up.....



 How awesome did these turn out!  I can simply take the vinyl off and use them for other holidays...Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, etc..  These would even be cute personalized for a shower or birthday party because they are so cheap....



Linking to:


Home Stories A2Z



I Heart Nap Time





DIY Showoff

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks awesome...and so easy. The best part is that you don't have to buy new candles for every holiday if you don't want to, just switch out the vinyl! You're so smart, thanks for sharing this!! :)

    Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. I have left over vinyl from other projects. Woo hoo! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I don't have a vinyl cutter, but I wonder if I could use stickers. Or even washi tape! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    LB
    www.accordingtol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Just found your blog through Lil' Luna's Linky Party!!! Following you and hope you'll visit me at shabbygals.blogspot.com too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been resisting this whole vinyl crafting business I see going on but I really like your candles...maybe if I just pick up a little bit, I could contain it and not let it be my new obsession....wink wink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool and spooky! My weekly linky party--One Creative Weekend--has gone spooky this week in honor of my thirteenth party. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com (open every Fri-Wed) and link up this idea and anything else you’d like to share. (You can include non-Halloween posts as well, but feel free to link up as many Halloween-themed posts as you like.) There are two categories—one for Halloween and one for everything else.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...