Friday, September 7, 2012

Laundry Room Makeover Week - Coat Closet with Bench

In the last installment of my Laundry Room Makeover week, I wanted to give you a look at what I did to the existing closet in this room.  I'm not a huge fan of the mirrored doors, but they do give this small room the feel of a bigger room.  When we first moved in, I removed the lower closet rod to store all of my brooms, mops, vacuum cleaner, etc. and decided this was not the best use of space.  I started thinking of how this space could work and function better for my family.  It occurred to me that I had a bench (see it here) that was sitting in my closet taking up space that I thought would be the size I would need.  I measured the bench and it was the perfect size.  I moved all of the coats and jackets from the front closet to this closet which made more sense anyway because this will be the first place we come into and leave out of when going into the cold and wet weather.


The bench seating now provides us a place to sit and put on our shoes and boots (better than sitting on the floor)....


The two baskets are now used for dirty laundry.  I can easily slide the doors shut to hide the mess of laundry....


Our backdoor.....


The BEST part of this makeover was that it DID NOT COST ME A PENNY.  I utilized furniture I already had. Sometimes it does pay to "think outside of the box"!  


Thanks for joining me all week as I shared how I made over my Laundry Room.  I hope you enjoyed it.  Have a great weekend!!

In Case You Missed it......

Monday


Tuesday


How I made a top for the washer and dryer (here's a hint...it was less than $5.00)  Plus, all of the accessories on top.  

Wednesday


How I converted an IKEA bookshelf into a mudroom type storage unit.

Thursday


How I converted my old craft room peg board into a central storage unit for school items.

Friday


How the closet has been transformed into a perfect seating area for getting ready.





3 comments:

  1. Everything turned out fabulous. Love it. The bench inside the closet is genius. Great idea. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! And love the color of your door. Do you know what color paint you used? Ours is currently white...and stays sooooo dirty :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! And love the color of your door. Do you know what color paint you used? Ours is currently white...and stays sooooo dirty :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...