Thursday, September 6, 2012

Laundry Room Makeover Week - Making a School Time Peg Board


Today I wanted to share with you how I created a "School Time" pegboard with all of the essentials needed for school.  I found that in addition to the bookcase I made into the mud closet (see that HERE), I also needed a central place where I can hang all of my son's jackets, ties and belts.  I already had an existing peg board that I decided to recycle.  Let me show you how easy this was to make......


Here is the peg board I started with.  I had this peg board in my craft room when I lived in Dallas.  I decided when I moved to Calgary that the room I was going to make my craft room would not accommodate everything I had, so this was the perfect opportunity to recycle this board.


I first started by painting the existing peg board with a grey paint.  I had some leftover paint from my front door, so I decided to use it....


I then took my frog tape and taped off the stripes....


I used an old yard stick as my guide.....


After it was all taped off, I used a can of white spray paint and painted it all over....



After a few minutes, I removed the tape to reveal perfect stripes.....


It was ready to be put back into its old frame.  I then used some peg board hooks and baskets and placed them exactly where they needed to be....



and here you go......




I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out "school time" graphics...


This was one of the easiest projects and I hope that you will try something like it.  Peg board is such a great way to organize anything!  


In Case You Missed it......

Monday


Tuesday


How I made a top for the washer and dryer (here's a hint...it was less than $5.00)  Plus, all of the accessories on top.  

Wednesday


How I converted an IKEA bookshelf into a mudroom type storage unit.

Thursday


How I converted my old craft room peg board into a central storage unit for school items.

Friday


How the closet has been transformed into a perfect seating area for getting ready.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! So creative and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! I love stripes, and I love pegboards. And we have that workbook! Great job!
    Stacia@http://feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...