Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Our Halloween Mantel

I can't believe that Halloween is a little over a month away.  It seems like we just arrived here in Calgary and now I'm back down in the basement digging through moving boxes again to find all of my Halloween decor.  Luckily, everything was labeled pretty good by the movers, so it was easy to identify the Halloween boxes.  I feel like I'm so far behind, because it seems that everyone in blog land has already decorated.  Oh well, one step at a time...ey!!!

Hope you enjoy taking a peek into our Halloween Mantel....enjoy!!


This mantel has a deep inset and I'm sure it is made for a TV, but we opted to not put our TV in it, because it would not fit.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do fill in the gap, but then I thought my shutters from last years Christmas would make a good filler along with the branches.  I used the shutters last year to hold my Christmas cards.  You can see that post here.  I will share later this week, how I transformed the shutters.



When I saw this whimsical tree at HomeSense, I knew I had to have it.  It is really tall and I knew that I was going to need some height and this was going to be perfect.  The orange glitter flame less candles also came from there...three in a pack for $9.99!!!  Love them.


The wreath and branches were left over from last year.  I simply attached the wreath with floral wire to the front of the shutters.


When I saw the matching witches boot, I knew that it would be the perfect fit (get it)!


I love using current items I already have in the house and making them useful for the holidays.  I have these three round nesting boxes that have labels on the front that say, Live, Laugh, Love.  I simply turned them around and used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the word BOO in orange vinyl.  When Halloween is over, I can easily peel off the vinyl with no permanent damage being done to the boxes.


These two orange buckets came from Pottery Barn Kids years ago.  I just added spiders cut out of vinyl with my Cameo.


Don't you love the skull heads?  I do and I had so much making these.  I will share in an upcoming post how easy these were to make and where I got the inspiration for them.  UPDATE:  HERE IS HOW TO MAKE THESE SKULL HEAD TOPIARIES...CLICK HERE!


These are the flame less candles at night.  I love how the mantle is all lit up at night with the wreath and candles.


I hope you enjoyed looking at our Halloween mantel.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you have been inspired by something you've seen here.

Linking to:





Halloween Mantels

5 comments:

  1. Those skulls are so cute! I love the look they add to the whimsy of the mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mantel is fabulously festive! Love the trees and the skulls. I hope you'll drop by and share this at Gettin' Krafty With It:
    http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/2012/09/gettin-krafty-with-it_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy, I love your mantle!! I am putting my Halloween mantle together now, it is my favorite place to decorate, but you set high expectiations : )
    I will be posting mine on October 1st. Come check it out...
    gumballsandcottoncandy.com
    Deena

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the variety on your mantel!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tree and the boot! The whole mantel is so festive.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...