Thursday, September 27, 2012

Skull Head Topiaries


These skull head topiaries were so fun and easy to make and I got my inspiration from my greenery topiary I have in my kitchen hutch.  I was looking at it the other day while eating and I thought skull heads would be so cute lined up in a row.  I headed to Michaels and was able to find everything I needed to make these.  Let me show you how easy they were to make!!!


Supplies Needed

Skull Heads on sticks (or make your own)
Floral foam
Small clay pots
Black shredded paper
Black paint

 Here is what they look like up close....they are around $2.00 a piece....


Next step I did was paint the pots black.  I also painted a little of the inside on top, just in case it would show through.....


After two coats of paint, I cut off a chunk of the floral foam and shoved it into the pot until it felt secure.....


After that, I pushed the skull head into the foam......


Here are all of them before I took the black grass and put around the base to cover the foam...


After the black grass was finished, I put them on my mantel...  




Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy decoration for Halloween...I already have in mind what I want to try for Christmas!!!

Have a great day!!

Linking to:



I Heart Nap Time






DIY Showoff

7 comments:

  1. New follower to your blog!!! Actually came across it last night on Pinterest when I was trying to hunt down black garland/halloween front door and came across your blog and front door from last year!! Loved it and I have to ask wherever did you find all those awesome halloween decorations to go around the front door, the broomsticks and the Halloween sign? Looking forward to how you decorate it this year and loved the Skeleton Topiary creations you made.

    The nearest Michael's to me is a little over an hour away so I have to shop at Hobby Lobby.

    BTW - I live in Northwest Arkansas (Rogers/Fayetteville area)!!

    Ginny
    www.ginnybrumback.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I'm not a hardcore Halloween lover...I appreciate how cool these are ! really cool...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awhhh how cute!!!! Thank you SO much for sharing at happy hour :o)
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! So fun and festive. I hope you will link this up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party if you haven't already.
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/09/2012-wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic project! Would you consider linking this up at my Pinworthy Projects Party? I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...