Thursday, December 20, 2012

Chevron Glass Block


One of the last Christmas crafts I made was so easy and fun!  I was going to give it away as a gift, but the more I looked at it I decided to keep it for myself.  Here is what I did....


Supplies Needed

Glass Block
Christmas Lights
Vinyl Design of your choosing
Ribbon (not shown here)
Embellishments (I used ornaments, not shown here)


I started by cutting out a chevron pattern with my Silhouette Cameo.  After I was finished cutting, I then transferred it to transfer paper (makes transferring vinyl a must).....


Lay the glass block down......


Transfer the image to the top of the glass block.....


Another view......


This is what you will have after removing the transfer paper......


I added the lights and then made a burlap bow to put on top......


It needed something on the front so I decided to add a deer head I cut out from the Silhouette in green and added it to the top of the chevron pattern.....


Here it is after I added the deer head.....


I decided at the last minute to add a little color to the burlap bow, so I added some tiny ornament balls that I strung on floral wire and then tied to the burlap ribbon.....


Here it is all finished before lighting it up......



and here it is all lit up.....




Can you see now why I didn't give it away...I Love it and decided to keep it on my kitchen counter.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day....

Merry Christmas!!

Linking to:


The 36th AVENUE

Weekend Bloggy Reading

Fox Hollow Cottage



SixSistersStuff.com




3 comments:

  1. Such an adorable Christmas craft Missy. Love all of the finishing touches. :) Thanks for sharing over at Craft Junkie Too.
    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! You did a wonderful job!
    Here from POP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweets! I went to pin, but the images would not load on your blog? I'll try back!! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...