Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Our Picture Gallery Wall

Who doesn't love pictures?  I love displaying pictures in my home and have finally completed a picture gallery wall that I wanted to share with you.  We have been in this home for a little under a year now and I thought it would be a good idea to tackle all of those pictures that have been sitting in the basement.

I decided to put the pictures on a vacant wall upstairs between my craft room and our son's room.  Below are alot of pictures and how I created this wall....please enjoy!!!!




Let me show you how I got started....

I first measured the blank wall I was going to hang the pictures and used painters tape as boundaries.  The perimeters of the wall where I chose to hang the pictures measured 68" x 72".  This is the amount of space I was going to work with when laying out my pictures.


I decided to find some room on the floor to measure and tape out the exact wall size.  By doing this I was able to get a good visual look at the space I had to work with.


Now that the space was laid out (and I even made room for the light switch) it was now time for the fun part.  Laying all of the pictures onto the floor.




Now that I had everything laid out the way I liked it, I was ready to start hanging everything.  I started by hanging the clock and small picture first.  I hung those two first because they were in the center and I was able to work out and around.

The large picture in the top left corner was next and then I started making my way around the top and moving to the right....




In addition to pictures, I wanted to throw in other elements.......

Small wicker baskets of greenery hung by a Fleur De Lis hook....


Slate chalk board hung on a black distressed wooden peg..(details on how to make this is at the bottom of this post....less than $.50 to make)

The chalk holder is also something I made with just a few materials....(details on how to make this is also at the bottom of this post.....)


Wooden peg frame holder......



The mirror was a spur of the moment buy.  I saw it right before I started hanging the pictures and knew it would look great as part of the grouping.


Concrete mirror......


The clock....


Set of 7 Keys......




I love the way that it looks from the foyer as you enter the house.  



Finished picture gallery.....



Thank you so much for stopping by.  I am thrilled with how the wall turned out.  It gives the upstairs a more warm and cozy feel....



INSTRUCTIONS FOR 
WOODEN PEG FRAME HOLDER AND CHALK HOLDER

DIY Step by Step........Photo Frame Hanger




Most items on the gallery wall I already had from living in Texas, but I wanted to let you know where they came from just in case you were interested....

Slate chalkboards are from Michael's
Clock is from Hobby Lobby
Small hanging wicker basket is from JoAnn's
Set of 7 antique keys are from Pottery Barn
Wood plaque that drawer pull is mounted on is from Hobby Lobby
Drawer pull is from IKEA
Wooden pegs are from Michael's
Mirror is from Country Living in Calgary


Linking to:






30 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it!!! Thanks for sharing the tip about planning it out on the floor. I am pinning this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your oval clock! Your wall turned out great.
    Come visit me at http://www.WelcomeLaneDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE your gallery wall! I am off to pin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely fantastic!! Well done! ;) Thanks for sharing!

    Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wall!! You did a fantastic job putting everything together. The little chalk holder is awesome too! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gallery looks awesome. The chalk holder is such a clever idea and adorable! I want to do a gallery in our stairwell but have been intimidated by it. Your idea to plan it out on the floor is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, love how you pieced all of this together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I am from Brasil, I like this Blog, Congratulation, beautiful very , sorry i don't speak english very good

    kiss by

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love seeing all the great ways people do a gallery wall. it looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous wall! Thanks for showing how to create it on the floor first! Love the little chalk holder too! Thanks for sharing at MOnday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous wall! You are so creative, love the knob as a hanger and especially the chalkholder, brilliant!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful wall and tutorial's!
    ~Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You did a fantastic job! I love how you started it on the floor. What a great idea! I'm your newest follower ;)
    Jamie ~ Better With Age

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect spot and a well done gallery wall - I love it and I love your hanging technique! Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea for the chalk holder! I always see chalk board walls and wonder where the heck are they storing that messy chalk? Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow I love that arrangement! It looks so gorgeous! And the chalk holder is so clever and looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your gallery wall! You did such a great job! :)
    -Shayna
    www.TheWoodGrainCottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a gorgeous mantel. I have some big ol' walls that definitely need filling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks GREAT! It's amazing how great a gallery wall can look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AMAZING! I love the addition of the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great tutorial on putting together a gallery wall. I especially love all the non picture elements you added in, especially the keys.
    I'd love for you to come over to Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky party and share your fun idea Party closes Tuesday evening!
    http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/finding-the-pretty-delicious-linky-party-4/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the eclectic mix of objects you used to create your gallery wall. It turned out beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it! That turned out so great! My favorite are the keys :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. gorgeous!! I love how you mapped it out on the floor for the space - so smart. The chalk storage and diy knobs are great! the basket ads such a nice textural touch. I'm smitten!

    http://www.northerncottage.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful gallery wall. Couple of questions--when making the chalk holder, did you have to use nuts on the back of the board to hold the handle on? If so, how did you avoid the screws being too long and poking out from the back of the board? Also, what did you use to mount the pictures--was it something like the Command strips, or old-fashioned hammer and nail?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want to know where you got the large letter A from. I'm planning my gallery wall know and want to incorporate our initial P. LOVE the result. It is pinned on my gallery wall board!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Inspiring! I'm currently working on a gallery wall for my house, I love that used keys/mirror/clock just for more interest. Very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic. You are very talented. I hope to be able to do something like this someday.

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG I LOVEEEEE this!! I'm using this as my inspiration for a wall I am working on. Thanks so much for sharing, its truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...