Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Ornament Filled Lantern with Christmas Lights

Have you ever had ornaments leftover and never knew what to do with them?  Today that happened to me as I was finishing up decorating the office for Christmas.  I had this lantern sitting in the corner and I thought I would throw my leftover gold and white ornaments and a box of battery operated lights and I love how they turned out.  This was so simple and easy and just wanted to share it with you.

Here's what you will need:

Lantern
Ornaments
Battery Operated Lights (these came from Michael's, 20 strand)


I started by placing the battery pack of the lights in the back corner, set the timer (it goes for 6 hours and then turns off), started filling it with ornaments and then just kept pulling the light strand up as I kept filling it.  It is really goof proof and it looks great.






You could even do this with a big bowl, box or evan hurricane lamps.  They would be so pretty in the guest bathroom at night...I might have to do that!

I will be back in a day or so to share the whole office.  

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to:


Making the World Cuter


9 comments:

  1. Love it great idea. When I managed a Retail store, I did something similar with Frosted Ornaments in a birdbath. We put the lights below them and they glowed like snowballs. So wonderful. I miss that shop at Christmas as it smelled wonderful!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! I put a lantern filled with ornaments on my porch and felt like I still needed something... I'm off to find some lights. :)

    PS - Found you on Inspiration Gallery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the soft, glowiness of this lantern. We'll be featuring it tomorrow over on Someday Crafts tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so festive, I love the the colors of the ornaments and lantern together. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really goof proof and it looks great.......
    John Phanchalad CEO JP Digital Tech have a very good track record in digital media marketing. To know more about Mr Phanchalad and latest updates on business promotion you can contact John Phanchalad http://johnphanchalad.com/about

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its Brilliant online shopping store for home equipments .Battery Operated Lanterns is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't suppose you'd share where you found that lantern, would you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...