Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Heidi Swapp Marquee Letters



To say I am obsessed with these new letters from Heidi Swapp Marquee Love collection from Michaels is an understatement.  I have a few around the house but these letters I'm showing you today are for my son's classroom.  Let me show you how these letters work.



Here is what I used to achieve the look above...... 

Marquee Letters (available at Michaels)
Spray Paint
Glue
Paint Brush
Glitter


The first thing you need to do is take the letter out of the box and see all the goodies it comes with.....


Here is what the contents of each kit include.  Lights, bulbs and letter template.


Each letter contains a template of each letter so if you wanted to trace the letter with coloured or patterned paper you can do so.


I took the template of the arrow and used the Marquee glitter.  This is the most beautiful glitter I've ever seen......




See...look at it up close!


I coated the arrow with the Marquee Love glue and sprinkled on the glitter....DONE!



I wanted to stick with our school's colours and used blue and orange to spray paint the letter and arrow......


The letter inserts went to school with my son so each of his classmates could sign them......


When the kids were finished signing them, I simply just popped them back into the letters where they were ready for the the lights.....



Then inserted a clear globe into the holes and then flipped it over.....



and followed the instructions on how to string the lights.  It is really important not to toss the instructions until you are completely finished.  Insert batteries into the battery pack and neatly tuck it away.  I followed the same procedure with the arrow too......


Finished and ready to LIGHT UP....


All LIT UP....aren't they AMAZING....



Sharing with:



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely ADORABLE!!!!! I spotted them at Michaels a few weeks ago. I'm going to go back and pick some up! Thanks so much for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun, have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These letters are so beautiful and names writen on them make them so personal!

    Ealing Sofa cleaners

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...